Christmas is coming…with that in mind we’ve put together some of our top reasons to start training now!
1) – The kids are back to school. As guilty as we feel, it’s nice to have a little ‘me time’ to de stress. It also means you have more time on your hands to concentrate on yourself and your training .
2) – Exercise reduces stress. Christmas can be one of the most stressful times of year for some, but regular exercise can help combat the stress and anxiety that the festive season brings. Get into a proper training routine now, you will feel a lot happier and sail through that Christmas shopping without a blip.
3) – Exercising will make you feel like you have more energy! What a better way to get ready for Christmas and not dread those dark mornings! Exercise teamed up with a good diet will leave you with clearer skin and a spring in your step.
4) – Let’s face it, most of us overindulge over Christmas and it’s not uncommon to gain 10lbs if you are not careful. Start training now with the knowledge you can indulge a little over Christmas without the guilt (and the extra lbs)
5) – Take advantage of the Christmas markets! They don’t have to be all about eating candy. Get yourself out in the fresh air, enjoy the atmosphere and choose snacks that can fuel your training . There’s always an abundance of fresh seasonal fruits and veggies, not to mention nuts that you can use to your advantage.
6) – Getting started now doesn’t have to cost the earth, but it can save you money. A good training routine, great diet can help you stay focused, off the take aways and beers on a weekend. Cut out the rubbish now and save those pennies towards those Christmas presents.
7) – As winter approaches and the days draw in, many of us can suffer with seasonal affective disorder (SAD) studies have shown that trying to get out into the daytime hours can help reduce the effects of SAD.
8) – As we head towards December many people will drop off their training plans, unfortunately for them, but you can use this to your advantage. Gyms tend to be quieter which means you can enjoy getting use to the gym while it is a bit quieter.
9) – If you start training now then you are putting yourself ahead of the ‘new year new me’ fad, as you will have already established good habits and will be well on the way to your healthier lifestyle.
10) – Most people train to look and feel better about themselves. The one thing that is for sure is that getting started now with a good training routine and a cleaner diet means you are not only gonna look great but you are going to feel confident and amazing at that Christmas party!!
By Daniel Hudson – Personal Trainer @ B-Fit UK